1. Never pay deposit without seeing the car.
2. Visit seller to test drive the car.
3. Check the background and conditions of the car :-
a. Service History, to ensure the car is serviced timely and verify the car’s exact mileage.
b. Outstanding Loan, ensure that it is fully settled before the change of ownership takes place.
c. Check out our Used Car Buying Tips Video here on other important points to look for when checking the condition of a used car.
4. Other important Points to consider when choosing a used car
a. Fuel Efficiency and Mileage
b. Type of Warranty
c. Maintenance Cost
d. Yearly Road Tax
5. Ask for car registration card and please verify with the Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan (JPJ) if the seller is registered as the owner of the car, and to check than it is not reported as stolen car.
6. Insist on a proper Sales and Purchase Agreement.